Thread: Enigma crashes after a blindscan

Enigma crashes after a blindscan

Hi All

While trying to blindscan on 3oE the enigma crashed and the receiver rebooted.
    As a result of this I've lost all the signals from programmed satellites and the motorised dish does not move.
    I have Edision OS Mio 4K+ with TM-2600M3 H-H motor on 80cm dish.
    This only happend when I tried to blindscan on satdreamgr 8 image version, which I recently updated but not on the other images.
    Now I don't get any signals on the other installed images too.
    I have also noticed that there is no green light on the motor.
    I have swapped the cable to second LNB input but this did not make any difference.
    Both the receiver and the motor are reasonably new.
    If anyone in this forum has experienced similar issues I would appreciate your comments before I start climbing up the ladder to reset the motor.

Many thanks

Re: Enigma crashes after a blindscan

about the crash... a crashlog should help.

about your installation, looks like there is no power in your motor/lnb , and i don't know if it is from cable,or something in motor, or receivers tuner fault...
    ολα ειναι FLU

Member SatDreamGr Projects

The installation is clean and done professionally, so I doubt it is the cable.
    I have not mesured the voltages yet.
    Just to give you a bit more information this is the second time it has happened within a short period of time after updating the image. At the first time I have used an old non-Linux receiver and managed to move the dish ok. Second time, no luck.
    Below some extracts from the crash log if that helps?

IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 77, in action
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 57, in action
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Menu.py", line 62, in okbuttonClick
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/BoundFunction.py", line 10, in __call__
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan/plugin.py", line 1809, in BlindscanMain
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 302, in openWithCallback
    dlg = self.open(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 312, in open
    dlg = self.current_dialog = self.instantiateDialog(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 255, in instantiateDialog
    return self.doInstantiateDialog(screen, arguments, kwargs, self.desktop)
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 272, in doInstantiateDialog
    dlg = screen(self, *arguments, **kwargs)
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan/plugin.py", line 319, in __init__
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan/plugin.py", line 642, in createConfig
    AttributeError: 'Blindscan' object has no attribute 'getCurrentTuner'
    [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method NumberActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.NumberActionMap instance at 0xb1164698>>,('OkCancelActions', 'ok')) failed)

I own MIO+ receiver with motorized dishes, and can say that a blindscan plugin crash does not stop them from working. Check your antenna settings carefully as something may have changed them.

The blindscan crash caused by getCurrentTuner is also known to me, and seems to be a fairly new bug. I deleted all getCurrentTuner references from my blindscan plugin because it seems to serve no purpose, except to display what your receiver thinks is your rotor location.

thanks for your feedback elbandido. I've done some checks on the receiver and now more convinced that the fault lies with the motor. With the first opportunity I will get up the ladder to check it.
    I will also play and tweak the blindscan plugin and delete reference to getCurrentTuner as per your suggestion.

Just an update on this issue.
    I have managed to restore the dish movement again by just depressing the manual button on the motor mount. This without resetting it. Then just out of interest I decided to do another blind scan. Guess what, Enigma 2 has crashed again with the same error in the crashlog file. The positive thing though was that the motor movement was not affected.
    The same error as in previous was:

AttributeError: 'Blindscan' object has no attribute 'getCurrentTuner'
    [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method NumberActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.NumberActionMap instance at 0xb1164698>>,('OkCancelActions', 'ok')) failed)

See Post#4. Unless you remove getCurrentTuner references from the blindscan plugin, it will crash. Sooner or later, someone will fix it proper. Until then, edit the blindscan plugin.py file.

followed your advice and removed this reference from the plugin. Briefly tried it and seems to be working without crashing. By reading more into this blindscan plugin I could't agree more with you that it is not worth the effort debugging it for the benefits it offers.
    Many thanks again

Thread Information