Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: RTL-SDR with Enigma2 (SDG Radio)

Απ: RTL-SDR with Enigma2

The PI is not intented for direct display on domestic receivers, I am talking specifically about SDR. Every SDR decoder most notably SDRsharp has this info as basic. So the question is whether the plugin is intented to use as a home made radio (most of these don't even show radiotext) or a more advanced tool. I am hoping for the latter, and since this feature is already there, I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented as well.
    GlamourAuraFHD skin - The vengeance of color
    For OpenPLI/SDG images:
    https://github.com/MCelliotG/GlamourAuraFHD-skin
    For OpenATV/OE-A images: https://github.com/MCelliotG/GlamourAuraFHD-ATV-skin

Re: RTL-SDR with Enigma2

A short video showing 162.4 and 162.425 NOAA reception. (VHF band, FM Narrow Mode)

https://mega.nz/#!WtViVRzD!JN3QlMjLX...kMFqVR4JxXO5Rs

WOW, how did you do that?
    GlamourAuraFHD skin - The vengeance of color
    For OpenPLI/SDG images:
    https://github.com/MCelliotG/GlamourAuraFHD-skin
    For OpenATV/OE-A images: https://github.com/MCelliotG/GlamourAuraFHD-ATV-skin

Modify the cmd line. Then modify other lines in the plugin file so it will go above 108MHz. This mod needs more work and time which i will do. Just wanted to show that it works for now.

Nice New Skin! Thanks!

cmd Line for narrow band added and switching correctly for me. I need to refine the cmd line for better receive, and other things. Also found my usb device was off in frequency when using narrow band. It is fixed for me in this cmd line, but the Parts Per Million value will probably be different on other devices. Would also need to carry the decimal for frequency 2 more places to the right for narrow band FM. I.E. 162.455.

Modified py file in link:

https://mega.nz/#!ToVAzAxY!ltSSymNiG...ximJMlIglpft_M

Hi,

Can you explain why some values choosen?

rtl_fm -f %sM -M fm -l 8 -A std -p -42 -E dc -s 15k -r 15k -g 40 -F 8 - | redsea -e | gst-launch-1.0 fdsrc ! audio/x-raw, format=S16LE, channels=1, layout=interleaved, rate=15000 ! audioresample ! audio/x-raw, format=S16LE, channels=1, layout=interleaved, rate=48000 ! dvbaudiosink' % freq
    -r 15k is not required, since by default -r uses the same value as -s.

[-r resample_rate (default: none / same as -s)]
    -F 8, why not -F 9 since it has better roll off?

[-F fir_size (default: off)]
    enables low-leakage downsample filter
    size can be 0 or 9. 0 has bad roll off
    -p -42?

[-p ppm_error (default: 0)]
    -E dc?

[-E enable_option (default: none)]
    use multiple -E to enable multiple options
    edge: enable lower edge tuning
    dc: enable dc blocking filter
    deemp: enable de-emphasis filter
    direct: enable direct sampling
    offset: enable offset tuning
    I think we can add a "micro frequency tune" feature with channelUp / channelDown or previous / next that will change frequency by 0.001MHz?
    Member SatDreamGr Projects

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
    Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

-r 15k Installed to try and tune better. Have moved this value up and down. Still looking at where it needs to be as a value(15k,14k,13k...etc), or if it needs to even be in the cmd at all.

-F 8 Understood F9 was experimental, or at least that was what I read. Only chose F8 so I could have a value that was not listed as Experimental. Planned on trying -F9 at a later time.

-p -42 Adjusts the tuner frequency. Mine was .007MHz High. This will not bother wideband FM much, but it makes a big difference when trying to tune 162.425 MHz (Tune 162.425 in plugin and get 162.432 with -p set at zero). I think the value of -p needs to be adjustable if possible because it will probably need to be set different for others due to the usb sticks being off by different amounts.

-E dc Added this command to try and make the tuned narrow fm signal sound better. Not sure yet if this really helps, but it seemed to. All of the other -E commands did not help or seem to help, and some even made the narrow fm signal stop.

II am open to suggestions or any value changes. "Trial and error" or "Try and see if it works" is what I am doing. I am not happy 100% with the narrow fm audio using these values. Looking for improvements in audio.

I think we can add a "micro frequency tune" feature with channelUp / channelDown or previous / next that will change frequency by 0.001MHz?
    This.001 MHz feature of course should only appear above 109MHz OR below maybe 87MHz. I am just copying what you are doing and trying to upgrade it for narrow band fm as an added feature. Have not came up with a plan on how to add this feature in a good way yet, but think it would be nice for it to be hidden unless a frequency is chosen that could use it. Same goes for the -p command. I doubt this value should need to be changed from 0 when using wide band FM or AM modes, but the -p value may need to be changed if a frequency needing .001 MHz is selected.

Again, Thanks for giving us a great plugin!

Some Observations:
    I am finding many more features or possibilities with this plugin. But the more features or possibilities that I find also means more settings need to be altered or changed.
    Looks like a separate menu could be used if settings such as: parts per million (-p), gain (-g), mode -M (WBFM,FM,AM,USB,LSB)...etc were to be "User Adjustable".

My Dongle was simply connected to one of my existing OTA Yagi antennas. These antennas are log periodic design and will cover a great frequency range, but are set in the horizontal plane. Most of the radio signals i am testing are in the vertical plane or are being transmitted using a vertical antenna. I did this for two reasons (1) the OTA antenna was already installed and (2) It is probably something someone else would do. A properly tuned antenna is needed for the desired band for best results!

My OTA antenna already has a pre-amp installed, so adding the preamp or gain (-g) is no help using this system. Wide Band FM is included in the log periodic design of my OTA antenna, I think the amplification in the coax line or OTA preamp has too much gain and causes front end overload or extra noise in the SDR dongle. It may be that I have purchased a poor dongle, so I will order another of a different brand to compare. At any rate, my current SDR system has too much noise.

USA weather band of 162.4...MHz has been tested and found to work.
    USA 2 Meter Amatuer FM Band of 144-148MHz has been tested and found to work.
    Testing extra cmd line that was added for auto switching between WBFM and FM Modes.
    if config.sdgradio.rds.value and Decimal(freq) > 109.0 or Decimal(freq) < 82.0:
    cmd =....
    The possibilities of this plugin are endless. My next SDR dongle will probably include the HF bands (160-10 meters). It would be great if this plugin could be made to record using the receiver's hard drive. This is my most wanted or wished for feature.

I am very interested in this project , because ham radio is my hobby over forty years.
    Not only me but there are certainly even more of those who are very interested.

I was able to install plugin on my Black Hole image
    because Im skinner in BH team so use BH image.

The only thing do not work is RDS.
    What could be the reason?

I copied bin and hope all other files from your image.

It would be very good to have universal plugin for all images
    may join even more coders and users in this project.

Of course interesting are the other features of this USB stick
    DAB, HF, ADIS etc

If you have some novelties I would be happy to test.

I have 3 USB sticks and HF convertor.

Regards to all and

73 for ham redio amateurs de PA5MM ex PA3DKU /YU1EXY/YU4ECS/ etc

Matrix10 /Black Hole team

To add the last py file from @elbandido has better performance works very well.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information